WATUSI EXPEDITION SUIT
The BLACKYAK WATUSI expedition suit is the most technically engineered and thermally efficient product for use in extreme, high altitude expeditions.
The BLACKYAK WATUSI Expedition Down Suit is the culmination of years of design development and testing. Every detail has been considered to allow the climber to focus on the climb. From the high thermal efficiency to the multi-slider zippers with extended zipper pullers. No other product of this type is as feature rich.
- 100% Nylon, 73% Nylon, 27% Polyurathane, 90% Goose Down, 10% Goose Feather
- Double stitched down chambers
- performance-mapped insulation
- High-tenacity 20 Denier CORDURA® fibres
- High-tenacity CORDURA® fibres
- 750 cuin goose down, 90/10 – RDS-certified
- G-LOFT® synthetic insulation 120 GSM
- Water protection lamination
- Material mapped for performance
- Stretch zone mapped for comfort
- Insulated and baffled fitted hood
- Auto-fitting hood
- O2 set-compatible
- Windshield brim
- YKK reverse coil
- Extended zippers pulls
- Multi-slider zips
- Up and under ablation access
- YKK AquaGuard® zippers
- Drought-free compression cuff
- Reinforced thumb loop
- Glove/mitten fixing points
- Kevlar®-reinforced seat
- Kevlar®-reinforced harness/rock points
- Mag-fix sleeve control system
- Synthetic insulated lower leg and gripper band
- Outer snow gaiter with Kevlar® protection and gripper band
- High altitude/ Expedition double boot-compatible
- Two mesh pockets
- One security chest pocket
- Close-to-body stuff pockets
- Close-to-body security pocket
- Hydration bladder-compatible
2020g / 71.3oz
- Close all the zippers
- Turn the product inside-out
- Add four down washing balls (or tennis balls)
- Use special down detergent
- Wash in a gentle cycle max. 30°C/86°F
- NO heavy-duty detergent NO fabric softener
- Spin cycle
- Rinse again to remove all detergent residues
- Remove directly from washing machine
- Dry separately from other laundry with four down balls (or tennis balls)
- Dry at max. 60°C/140°F for 60 minutes
- Allow to cool for at least 1h and shake occasionally
- Check for residual moisture when cold
- Repeat drying process until the product is dry
YAK XD™ technology was developed to combine high levels of durability with high recovery elasticity to allow unrestricted range of movement. Using CORDURA® fibres in unique constructions that provide air permeability, stretch and durability, YAK XDTM Technology is the new gold standard in technical textiles and outerwear.
YAK BOX-WALL™ is an innovative construction for down jackets which de-couples the cold exterior of a textile from the insulation layer.
CORDURA® is the brand name for a collection of fabrics used in a wide array of products including luggage, rucksacks, pants, military wear and performance apparel. CORDURA® fabrics are known for their durability and resistance to abrasions, tears and scuffs. CORDURA® fabrics are usually made of nylon but may be blended with cotton or other natural fibres.
Kevlar® fibre is used to make a variety of clothing, accessories and equipment safe and cut-resistant. It’s lightweight, durable and extraordinarily strong. It’s best known for its use in ballistic and stab-resistant body armour. But it’s also used on the ski slopes, the switchback trails, in demanding desert terrain, even the outer limits of space.
Warm, light and breathable – even in extremely wet and cold weather: the revolutionary G-LOFT® insulation meets the highest standards and combines the benefits of natural down with the ruggedness of a synthetic fibre.