Our most thermally efficient expedition jacket for very cold conditions.
The BLACKYAK TAURUS Jacket is made for very cold conditions. The water-repellent treated and traceable goose down (750 cuin) keeps the body warm and insulated. The top-stitching has been removed, a construction which avoids seam failure through thread damage. Its heat retention is excellent due to the YAK BOX-WALL™ Construction. This “mesh box wall” construction allows the warm air inside the jacket can circulate from chamber to chamber which provides an excellent warmth.
- Face : 100% Nylon
- Lining : 100% polyester
- Insulation : 90% Goose Down, 10% Goose Feather
- No exposed top stitching (to avoid thread breaking)
- Traceable RDS goose down 90/10, 750 cuin
- Self-adjusting hood
- YKK reverser coil
- Elasticated auto adjusting wind gaiter inside add droptail detail to hem configuration
- Anti-slip Y-band at body hem
- stowable drop tail
- Two hand warmer pockets with zips
- Two chest pockets with zips
- One inside pocket with zip
- With a packing sack
858g / 30.3oz
- Close all the zippers
- Turn the product inside-out
- Loose velcro and drawstrings (if needed)
- Use liquid detergent for functional textiles
- Wash in a gentle cycle max. 30°C/86°F
- NO fabric softener NO bleach
- Spin cycle
- Remove directly from washing machine
- Dry at medium temperature with four down balls (or tennis balls)
- DO NOT iron DO NOT steam NO direct heat
YAK BOX-WALL™ is an innovative construction for down jackets which de-couples the cold exterior of a textile from the insulation layer.
CORDURA® is the brand name for a collection of fabrics used in a wide array of products including luggage, rucksacks, pants, military wear and performance apparel. CORDURA® fabrics are known for their durability and resistance to abrasions, tears and scuffs. CORDURA® fabrics are usually made of nylon but may be blended with cotton or other natural fibres.