Our most thermally efficient insulation product with enhanced range of movement.
The BLACKYAK NIATA Jacket redefines performance in the insulated product category. It is constructed using BLACKYAK Down Stretch zones. BLACKYAK Down Stretch zones combine materials and the YAK BOX-WALL™ Construction to allow an extended range of movement while maintaining a high thermal efficiency. In addition to goose down, G-LOFT® synthetic down is used in high compression areas.
- Shell: 100% NYLON
- Insulation: 90% Goose Down, 10% Feather
- Traceable RDS goose down 90/10, 750 cuin
- 2 hand warmer pockets with zippers
- 1 inside secure storage pocket with zipper
- 2 big inside mesh pockets
- Self adjusting, elasticated hood
- G-LOFT® underarm panel for optimal thermal insulation
- Stretch panels at the upper back
- Elasticated Y-band at cuffs and body hem
- Water repellant
541g / 19.1oz
- Close all the zippers
- Turn the product inside-out
- Add four down washing balls (or tennis balls)
- Use special down detergent
- Wash in a gentle cycle max. 30°C/86°F
- NO heavy-duty detergent NO fabric softener
- Spin cycle
- Rinse again to remove all detergent residues
- Remove directly from washing machine
- Dry separately from other laundry with four down balls (or tennis balls)
- Dry at max. 60°C/140°F for 60 minutes
- Allow to cool for at least 1h and shake occasionally
- Check for residual moisture when cold
- Repeat drying process until the product is dry
MOUNTAINEERING | CLIMBING
YAK BOX-WALL™ is an innovative construction for down jackets which de-couples the cold exterior of a textile from the insulation layer.
CORDURA® is the brand name for a collection of fabrics used in a wide array of products including luggage, rucksacks, pants, military wear and performance apparel. CORDURA® fabrics are known for their durability and resistance to abrasions, tears and scuffs. CORDURA® fabrics are usually made of nylon but may be blended with cotton or other natural fibres.
Warm, light and breathable – even in extremely wet and cold weather: the revolutionary G-LOFT® insulation meets the highest standards and combines the benefits of natural down with the ruggedness of a synthetic fibre.