Lightweight and highly breathable insulation.
The BLACKYAK CALVANA brings together all of our expertise in user comfort and product performance. The advanced textiles in YAK FLOW™ are tuned to allow a precise amount of air permeability. This continuous airFLOW™ prevents overheating and allows the fast removal of humidity and sweat build up. The result is a product that works as a midlayer during high output activities in cold weather and as a layering piece that optimises the vapour rate when used in conjunction with a shell product.
***This article is slightly smaller. Please order one size larger than usual.***
- 100% Polyester
- CORDURA® Fibres For Superior Durability at cuffs
- 68 g Climashield® Continuous Filament, Hollow Core
- Air-permeable textile with 40D super mico fiber polyester
- YKK Reverse coil centre front
- YKK Reverse coil pockets
- Articulated sleeve
- Ultra durable CORDURA® cuff
- Draw cord adjustable
- Elastic Y-band
- Two hand pockets with zipper closure
- Internal stuff pocket
- Internal zipped security pocket
- Close all the zippers
- Turn the product inside-out
- Loose velcro and drawstrings (if needed)
- Use liquid detergent for functional textiles
- Wash in a gentle cycle max. 30°C/86°F
- NO fabric softener NO bleach
- Spin cycle
- Remove directly from washing machine
- Dry at medium temperature with four down balls (or tennis balls)
- DO NOT iron DO NOT steam NO direct heat
HIKING | TREKKING
MOUNTAINEERING | CLIMBING
YAK FLOW™ It is understood through field and laboratory tests that fabrics with an air permeability of less than 6L/m2/s provide the same protection against heat loss as a fabric with 0L/m2/s. With our YAK FLOW™ textiles we have engineered an optimal permeability to keep wind-chill and therefore heat loss at a minimum, while maximizing the mass transfer of moisture through the textile.
Durable warmth: Climashield® APEX‘s strong continuous filament is thermally efficient and durable. Even after many washes and intensive use, Climashield® APEX retains its shape and insulating properties.
CORDURA® is the brand name for a collection of fabrics used in a wide array of products including luggage, rucksacks, pants, military wear and performance apparel. CORDURA® fabrics are known for their durability and resistance to abrasions, tears and scuffs. CORDURA® fabrics are usually made of nylon but may be blended with cotton or other natural fibres.