Our most intelligent insulation garment for a varity of activities.
The BLACKYAK BAKOSI Jacket is an intelligent insulation jacket. The jacket contains a variety of different materials. Goose down over the top area of the body for maximum warmth. At the lower parts of the arms and in the belt area, we used PrimaLoft®. And for the back panel Polartec® Alpha® has been used for more permeability and stretch.
- Shell: 100% NYLON
- Insulation: 90% Goose Down, 10% Feather
- 2 big mesh chest pockets
- 2 hand warmer pockets with zippers
- 1 inside mesh pocket
- 1 inside secure storage pocket with zipper
- Under arm gusset (freedom of movement)
- Mapped insulation
- Stretch back panel
- Fitted POLARTEC Grid™ fleece hood
- Anti slip Y-band at body hem
- Compatible climbing harness
606g / 21.4oz
- Close all the zippers
- Turn the product inside-out
- Add four down washing balls (or tennis balls)
- Use special down detergent
- Wash in a gentle cycle max. 30°C/86°F
- NO heavy-duty detergent NO fabric softener
- Spin cycle
- Rinse again to remove all detergent residues
- Remove directly from washing machine
- Dry separately from other laundry with four down balls (or tennis balls)
- Dry at max. 60°C/140°F for 60 minutes
- Allow to cool for at least 1h and shake occasionally
- Check for residual moisture when cold
- Repeat drying process until the product is dry
MOUNTAINEERING | CLIMBING
They required a superior insulation system for extreme temperature variations and the start-stop conditions of sport activities. Polartec Alpha® active insulation is engineered for consistent warmth, while allowing greater breathability during activity. This air exchange technology creates sustained comfort without shedding layers, which isn’t an option during a mission.
The patented grid construction knit strengthens performance efficiency by increasing warmth and breathability, while also reducing fabric mass. These geometric patterns improve compressibility, wicking, and add technical style. By reinventing thermal warmth possibilities, Polartec Power Grid™ is a minimalist design that maximizes fabric performance.
CORDURA® is the brand name for a collection of fabrics used in a wide array of products including luggage, rucksacks, pants, military wear and performance apparel. CORDURA® fabrics are known for their durability and resistance to abrasions, tears and scuffs. CORDURA® fabrics are usually made of nylon but may be blended with cotton or other natural fibres.
PrimaLoft® is a synthetic microfibre thermal insulation. PrimaLoft® insulation is used inside insulated garments for its warmth, compressibility and soft comfort. While the human body uses energy to stay warm, PrimaLoft® insulation uses a proprietary microfibre structure to help the body retain warmth and conserve energy.