ACTIVE INSULATION PANTS 2.0
Versatile insulation pants.
The ACTIVE INSULATION PANTS 2.0 are a great 3/4 length Insulation item that packs to a small volume and will keep you warm when suddenly caught out in the cold. This item is a completely new product for our collection. This innovative insulation pants has been produced using our unique box chamber construction, allowing heat developed during activity to be transferred internally within the garment. With this product BLACKYAK offers a technically advanced construction method produced using a sensible combination of functional materials. Front side insulation zones are developed using CORDURA® ripstop, inside a combination of G-LOFT & Goose Down keep you and your muscles warm. The back side pannels are constructed with protection on the out side. However moisture balance and warmth are controlled internally with Polartec® Alpha. Stretch CORDURA® with subtile branding has been added on the back side yoke. This is again used on the leg cuffs for durability. A full opening side zipper with security snaps allows multiple side venting options. Micro laser perforation holes in the crotch area also assist the ventilation process.
- Shell 1: 100% Nylon
- Shell 2: 90% Nylon, 10% Polyurathane
- Filling: 90% Goose Down, 10% Feather
- Lining: 100% Polyester
- Mesh box-wall construction
- Full lenght side zipper with security snaps
- Stretch leg cuffs
- Micro laser ventilation holes (crotch)
468g / 16,5oz
- Close all the zippers
- Turn the product inside-out
- Add four down washing balls (or tennis balls)
- Use special down detergent
- Wash in a gentle cycle max. 30°C/86°F
- NO heavy-duty detergent NO fabric softener
- Spin cycle
- Rinse again to remove all detergent residues
- Remove directly from washing machine
- Dry separately from other laundry with four down balls (or tennis balls)
- Dry at max. 60°C/140°F for 60 minutes
- Allow to cool for at least 1h and shake occasionally
- Check for residual moisture when cold
- Repeat drying process until the product is dry
MOUNTAINEERING | CLIMBING
YAK BOX-WALL™ is an innovative construction for down jackets which de-couples the cold exterior of a textile from the insulation layer.
They required a superior insulation system for extreme temperature variations and the start-stop conditions of sport activities. Polartec Alpha® active insulation is engineered for consistent warmth, while allowing greater breathability during activity. This air exchange technology creates sustained comfort without shedding layers, which isn’t an option during a mission.
CORDURA® is the brand name for a collection of fabrics used in a wide array of products including luggage, rucksacks, pants, military wear and performance apparel. CORDURA® fabrics are known for their durability and resistance to abrasions, tears and scuffs. CORDURA® fabrics are usually made of nylon but may be blended with cotton or other natural fibres.
Warm, light and breathable – even in extremely wet and cold weather: the revolutionary G-LOFT® insulation meets the highest standards and combines the benefits of natural down with the ruggedness of a synthetic fibre.